Unlock the Myth of Boston’s Historic Chinatown!
Wedged in just a few blocks between downtown’s Financial and Theater districts, Boston’s Chinatown is a culinary kaleidoscope that celebrates food from across Asia. Indeed, there are many jewels to be found in this 130 plus year-old community. But how do you tell the jewels from varied undistinguishable-looking storefronts? Take a page from our happy customers -- join a walking tour with Show Yang ! View our Schedule and Fees .
Uncover the shops frequented by the Asian population in town.
Pick out the most popular dining destinations, including the latest regional eateries.
Find where 4-star chefs at posh Boston restaurants rush to for emergency tool help.
Get acquainted with various medicinal tips from an herbal pharmacy.
Explore the freshest Asian groceries for fabulous produce and more.
While guiding you through lively streets, Show Yang will share with you her deep insights about oriental food and culture. In her tour design, Show draws from her extensive experience in entertaining , her careful research on the Chinese communities in this city and country, and her rich family history that straddles both sides of the Pacific. She also offers classes at the cultural and lifestyle center, the Cider Mill of Groton.
RAVE REVIEWS OF THE CHINATOWN TOUR
“I enjoyed it all. Excellent job!” -- Dana Spinney
“Loved the market with you telling us all about
“I will go back and explore the area further.
“Really enjoyed the emperor-kowtow story”
Schedule and Fees
DAILY STARTING TIME: 10:00 am
- Rate per person: $55, including sample dining
- Advance purchase required -- please call 978-877-2437
- Limit to 10 registrants per tour to ensure the quality of the experience
- Tour assembly by Chinatown Gate -- details specified upon tour purchase
- Gift certificate available for purchase
A 3-plus-hour tour of authentic corners of Chinatown where you get to:
- Taste exotic Asian baked delicacies and learn the legend of the Moon Cake
- Stop by a select herbal pharmacy and learn the beneficial properties as well as side effects of Chinese herbs
- Sample-dine at a restaurant and learn to pick dishes like a native connoisseur
- Get help with stocking an Asian pantry
- Learn the origin of Boston’s Chinatown, and the early history of the Chinese immigrants in this community and country.
Purchase of the tour is non-refundable, and may not be exchanged or rescheduled. In the event we cancel a tour due to insufficient registration, we will notify all registrants in advance to arrange a credit for a tour at a different time or a full refund.
We accommodate custom-designed group tours per request. Please phone 978-877-2437 or email your request to